We define ourselves by the things we choose to buy. Simple as that.
Understanding that key concept can help you unlock marketing strategies that will help you cut through the noise and reach your target audience. Join me as I talk to the brilliant Michael Solomon, a premium expert of consumer behavior, prolific author, and a professor of marketing, on the latest episode of Marketing and Sales, Over Cocktails!
Your primary motivation to buy one brand over another is about what the brand means to you, and not how much the brand costs. With every purchase that you make, you’re creating a lifestyle that you believe reflects who you truly are.
The modern consumer changes their identity rapidly, even as quickly as daily as they shift from work to home to the gym. Savvy marketers know they can’t rely on one channel or one marketing campaign to reach these prospect, known as “chameleon customers."
With that tribal marketing concept, you’re going to hear strategies for how to:
● Build marketing personas
● Create brand allegiance with tribal marketing
● Understand what your customers truly want
● Making assumptions about where your customers are means you’re going to miss the chance to catch their attention.
● When you realize that everyone is a work in progress, you won’t get caught up in outdated stereotypes about who your customers are.
● How to use personas to help build allegiance to your brand.
Mentioned in this Episode:
The 7 Secrets to Selling More By Selling Less
Shoot me a question on Allanger.com
Consumer Behavior: Buying, Having, and Being
The New Chameleons: How to Connect with Consumers Who Defy Categorization
Michael Solomon on LinkedIn