If you think the contracting world is full of misfits and hacks just trying to take your money, you would be very wrong. Yes, those misfits and hacks do exist, unfortunately, but the majority are smart, competent, successful small business owners that know how to run teams and schedules and everything else you need to master to have a successful enterprise.
And my latest guest on Marketing and Sales, Over Cocktails, TORLANDO HAKES, is a great example of the successful contractor we all could emulate, no matter what business we run.
A former very successful painting company owner, now in the corporate world, Torlando talks about how he has used many of the skills he learned running his own contracting business, including the SCRUM Method, which focuses on three very specific questions that you need to ask everyone in your company, every morning.
In this highly informative episode, Torlando talks about:
● How to gain leverage over your competition by selling your expertise.
● Why podcast marketing is so effective in the trade industries.
● Detailing all of the steps of a job can help you pinpoint exactly where you’re losing time and money.
● How Torlando figured out how to communicate his processes successfully to his employees.
● Torlando painted his way through college, and by the time he graduated from college, he had a business on his hands.
● How Torlando built a system that eliminated the need for a production manager in his business.
● Using the Scrum approach, Torlando has streamlined efficiency to the nth degree, and he wants to teach other contractors and small business owners how to improve their business processes too.
Mentioned in this Episode:
Sprint: The Scrum Playbook for Paint Professionals & Craftsman Professionals
Torlando Hakes on LinkedIn
The 7 Secrets to Selling More By Selling Less
Shoot me a question on Allanger.com